Monday, June 10, 2013

Beautiful Southern Homes - Alabama to Georgia

We didn't do much Friday.  I think too much running around caught up with us a little, or with me at least.  We got a late start and meandered along from Abbeville to just south of Atlanta, then stopped for the night.

But we did see some lovely antebellum southern homes in Eufaula, Alabama.

Which I would love to show you, but I can't.  I originally began this post two days ago, but I haven't been able to post any pictures!  They won't load.  So I'll tell you quickly where we've been, and then try again tomorrow.

Friday, as I said, not much but some lovely homes and a bunch of driving.

Saturday we went to Atlanta, where we saw the Cyclorama, a huge circular painting of Sherman's attack on Atlanta.

Saturday afternoon we visited the location of the battle of Peachtree Creek, where the original Rufus Lawless, ancestor of our Alabama Sergeant friend, was wounded and captured.  I got lots of pictures for Rufus, which I would love to show you, but I can't.  I'll do a whole post about that when I can.

Late Saturday we spent several fruitless and frustrating hours searching for the 3,000+ acre Kennesaw Mountain battlefield.  Key signage missing.

Sunday morning we went to church, and then finally found the battlefield and toured it.

Monday (today) we checked out the Chicamauga battlefield, and a small battle area and railroad called Tunnel Hill.  Lots to see.  Lots of pictures. Which I would love to show you, but I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment