Monday, July 1, 2013

Washington, D.C., Day 3

Before Monica Lewinsky made it sound naughty, I was an intern in Washington, D.C. for four months with a group of students.  I had a blast working for a small non-profit, sightseeing, and looking for happy hours with free food.

Here's what the family did on Sunday while I was away.


The Smithsonian Natural History Museum






It's a walrus.  Yeah, I didn't see it either.












Rock rainbow!



Picnic lunch on The Mall.  Do you know what The Mall is?  Not "Did you, like, catch any sales at the mall today?"  The National Mall is a long grass area that runs down the middle of Washington DC, and contains many monuments, museums and important government buildings.





Cool!


Adorable!  Do you know what it is?!





Um, uh oh.




Hailey, walk very slowly forward.  Don't turn around.  Don't make any sudden movements.






I don't know where this is, because I wasn't there, but don't my children look lovely?


On Sunday night, I arrived back in D.C. with Rufus Lawless.  We're all off for a few days of adventure together before our fateful rendezvous with the Yankees at Gettysburg.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! :-) Great to read about. Thanks for keeping us up to date on where you are and what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I'm dying to talk to you but haven't had a chance to call. Looks like you have quite a houseful!

    ReplyDelete