Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Conner Prairie - Indiana

On Saturday we visited Conner Prairie in Fishers, Indiana.  I wanted particularly to see this place, since I'd read about it in a book on first person interpretation (living historians in character.)  This was a good one.










This wool shop was fantastic.  I learned a little about how they get amazing colors from natural dyes.  It sometimes involves urine.  Eew.













This math pyramid in the schoolhouse was really interesting.  I wish I'd known about it when my kids were little!


Conner Prairie, normally set in the 1830s, has a Civil War section.



Apparently, this town in Indiana was burnt during the Civil War, so the citizens of CP reenact it, using an interesting mix of live characters and film.  This wall below turns into a movie screen.



So does this window.


In the Native American village, Brennan tried throwing a hatchet to catch his dinner.  We bought tacos.



No comments:

Post a Comment