Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Sledding - WooHoo!

Every spring, we have a day of sledding with our friends.  We went a couple of weeks ago and had a blast!  The weather was warm and sunny and the sledding was terrific.  Our normal site was not available.  Usually we go to a section of the mountain that has a long slope, plus a steep drop where we create a chute and slide down on just our ski pants!  One summer, while we were hiking there, I pointed the place out to Karl.  "Ooh!" I said, "See those three trees?  That's our sledding spot."  Then I showed him the "chute."  

In summer, with no snow on it, it's a rocky cliff.  A cliff.  

"You take my children down that!?!"  Um, yes.

 Brennan, hauling up for another run.

Claire, ready to go.

Julie, with her bum cushion. 

Wanna ride with me Claire?  No.

 Ready to fly.

 Aaaahhhhhh!!!

Faster than a speeding bullet. 

Hailey fears, Claire cheers.

A great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment