Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 2014 Happenings

A few random photos and notes of things happening around here:


Arya


Spectacular sunrise.


Rufus has come over a couple of times so we could plan the class we taught at Winter Quarters, "The Voice of Bygone Days: Bringing Your Historical Persona to Life."  The class went really well, and we've been asked to present it twice more this summer!  Winter Quarters is a sort of Civil War summer camp, in winter.  We stay in camp cabins and attend (or teach!) classes and programs with the 69th New York.  It's a lot of fun, and I wish I had some pictures to share from it, but I didn't take my camera.


While he was here, Rufus was roped in by the kids to take the "geek test."  I'm pretty sure they all passed with flying colors.  Except Hailey.


Karl and Claire took it too.


We were going to have a full period dinner with Rufus, but ended up only going half way.  Here are the "gentlemen" dressed for dinner.


This is so cool:  Captain Brock, Rufus and I gave a living history presentation at a local library, and we got paid for it!  That makes me a paid living historian.  I got paid to be Abigail!

Claire had her spring youth symphony concert.  When the junior symphony came out, I sat back in my seat, waiting for Claire to show up with the older kids.  As I was listening to the music, I thought, "What a great job that snare drum player is doing."  I looked up, and it was Claire!  I had forgotten she was playing drums as well as violin.  She did a fantastic job.


Have you tried this stuff?  I had heard of it, but not bothered, until our friend Alex mentioned it.  Then I decided I had to have some.  It's a delicious spread with the texture of peanut butter and the flavor of really good ginger cookies.  You gotta try it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment