Saturday, October 6, 2012

Style Update


It’s a new century!

Silver forks are out; stainless steel is in.
Willow ware is out; huge, ugly, why-did-I-every-buy-these square plates are in.
Smooth buns are out; curly ponytails are in.
Hoops are out; jeans are in.
Meat is kinda out; vegis are in (except bacon.  Bacon will never go out of style!)
Lantern light, sadly, is out; electric is in.  (Once we found our livingroom lamps, that is!)
Movies and rock music are back in.  Can you imagine the noise around here?
My beautiful black cookstove is out.  It will return today to its spot in my kitchen, where it holds tea and bread, but I will never look at it the same way again.  I know what it can really do, and I hope to be re-united with it someday!
Washtubs are out; washing machines are in.  Now I suppose I’ll have to join the gym.
Ironing will never be in.
Tea is still in, and it’s so easy to get now!  No firewood.
Firewood is out; and if the weather drops a few more degrees, the clicker fireplace will be in.  Yes, we have a clicker fireplace.  Couldn’t be helped; it was the only option.  (But shhh!  It’s actually really fun and easy.  Click – fire!  I hate it when I like modern conveniences.)
Running water is still exciting to me.  Weird, huh?

I have something I need to clear up right now, since I’ve been asked several times:  Although we didn’t have showers in September, we did bathe.  Regularly.  Modern regularly.  We changed our undies too.  Ew.  Did you really have to ask?!  Sgt Newton actually sniffed me, and he said I smelled like baby powder.  So there.

More to come.

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment