Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Visiting Hours

Many of you have asked about our adventure living in the 1800's.  I always intended for this to be an educational experience for anyone who is interested.  We'd like to invite you to drop by for our visiting hours:

Thursday 9/ 20 1:30-3:30
Friday 9/21 10:00-12:00
Wednesday 9/26 10:00-12:00

If you come for a visit, we'll show you how to make butter, start a fire, wash clothes, knead bread, and anything else we can think of, the old-fashioned way, and we'll tell you how it feels to live this way around the clock.  Feel free to come in costume and ask us lots of questions!

Since I probably shouldn't post my actual address on the internet, if you'd like to stop by, send me an email at karlforz@aol.com and I'll send you directions.

Hope to see you!!

Autumn




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry we don't live close enough to visit. Karen told me about your blog, so I'm glad to keep up with your adventure for the month. Please let us know when you will come to our area for a visit so we can catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I just read your entire blog. Finish to start! Hmmm. A bit backwards perhaps, but thoroughly enjoyed it.... until I got to the 'no latte'. Hmmm. Please tell me someone SOMEWHERE in the 19th century made really strong coffee and dumped lots of milk in it? And had it passed to them by a cheery 20 something ish individual out a window as they drove their.... wagon.... through :) Hmmmm. Ok, well, I'm so impressed with how you're doing, how you're all chipping in, and the learning of it all. Miss seeing you guys at soccer now that we're off the wagon :( Maybe some day back on.... Best wishes (and happy reading for me) for the next two weeks of the adventure.

    ReplyDelete