Thursday, September 12, 2013

TSA Pre √

The girls got their passports, just a day too late to see Hamlet with us in Vancouver - bummer!

But along with the passports came this cute little postcard from our friends, the TSA, announcing a new "passenger pre-screening initiative that allows participants who have volunteered information about themselves to be qualified for screening benefits."  What do they want to know about me?  Given that they have  a predilection for slipping their hands in my pants, I'm not sure I want to know.


(Could not get an unblurry image of this - sorry!)

Not only that, but the benefits of my getting to know the TSA better are dubious at best.  Airline flyers who are eligible to participate in TSA Pre √ could receive benefits such as no longer removing the following items:

Shoes
3-1-1 compliant bag from carry-on
Laptop from bag
Light outerwear/jacket
Belt

While I find the sight of a host of strange gentlemen putting their belts on in front of me disconcertingly intimate, I don't see that being able to keep mine on (in exchange for "volunteered information about myself") is much of a benefit, particularly given that they still want to feel me up.  And it's small comfort indeed that I can keep my shoes on, while my now 13-year-old son has to remove his, and then get his junk groped by a strange man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment