Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Real-Life Geometry Rocks

Did you know that a human back is shaped like a stingray with two New Jerseys running down the sides?  I know; neither did I.  But it is!

I can hear my mothers-in-law and other sewing friends collectively snorting, because they've known this for years, but I didn't.

I'm sewing my first ever Civil War dress.  My first ever dress at all, if it comes to that.  I'm sewing my first ever curvy lines.  This is what the bodice should look like when I'm done.  Hailey is making the skirt, but that's not the hard part.  I looked at the cut-out bodice pieces with their peculiar shapes, freaked out, and immediately texted for help.  My CW friend Vicki, an amazing seamstress, talked me down, and low-and-behold, the pieces fitted together!


Hoping to get a lot done tomorrow, because our final battle event is this weekend.  If by chance I can squeeze in more time, I'd also like to trim a hat, and make earrings, an apron and another petticoat.  Impossible, I know.  I'll just be happy if the dress fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment