Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Holiday Happenings, Part 3

Yikes!  I haven't written anything in ages.  I was away from my home computer, and then busy getting back to daily post-vacation life.

RIP.  This is my big cast-iron pot.  The one I use at Civil War events all the time.  It had, as my mom would say, "a happening."  Rufus and his wife came to dinner and I filled the pot full.  Suddenly, Karl heard a loud "ptung!" and this huge crack appeared down the side, with dinner rapidly oozing out all over the stove.  I'm so bummed!




We had some lovely snow in December!  I always love the snow, but that's probably because we don't see too much of it.



The Christmas lights along our picket fence looked magical, glowing from under a layer of snow.




Christmas Day.  The kids crawled in bed with us to open stockings.




Brennan got new gloves.



Me and Karen.




The kids with cousin. 


The day after Christmas, we went out for our much-anticipated visit to Ghirardelli Square for ice cream.  Truly, I look forward to my milkshake there all year!




Hailey and Auntie Anita look like twins, don't they?


Claire tackles a big sundae with ease.



Then we got photos in front of the giant tree.



My beautiful children.




No comments:

Post a Comment