Friday, May 31, 2013

A Poem and a Puzzle - Utah to New Mexico


We’ve just ended a very long day
We drove all the way to Santa Fe
We stopped at Arches National Park along the way
A group of cattle went astray
Seeking their owner caused delay
A herd of deer joined the fray
And now we’re finally here – hurray!

Feeling punchy, Autumn?!  Why yes, yes I am, thank you.  I just drove for 12 hours straight...and I'm kind of wishing I'd worked harder at getting the girls their licenses.
I have a strange puzzle.  I’ve kept notes as we drive of interesting things I wanted to look up.  In Utah, we passed a sign about spotted wolves, but when I looked them up, all I found was this:

  Just a drawing - no photographs.

  I also found this.  The yellow-spotted wolf snake.  Please tell me this isn't what the state of Utah wanted me to pull over to see!  Is there such a thing as a spotted wolf?  Sounds plausible, but I'm beginning to think I should file it under "hoop-snake!"

Arches National Park pictures:
 That's a tank top, not a bra strap.  I'm just sayin'.

  
See the lizard?






Brennan wondered why the rocks in Utah are so red.  The answer is that since they come from silt, the rocks contain high mineral content, particularly iron.








No comments:

Post a Comment